- 250 gr Medjoul dates, cored
- 1 tbsp. cacao powder
- 50 gr dark chocolate
- 1 tbsp. Medjoul date syrup or honey syrup
- One full tablespoon coconut oil or 20 gr soft butter
- 50-75 gr unsalted pecan nuts/walnuts/almonds, chopped fine
- Pinch of salt
- Mix all ingredients except the nuts/almonds/sesame seeds by hand or using a food processor.
- Break the chocolate into pieces and melt it. Stir with a fork once every minute or two to prevent the chocolate from burning.
- Allow cooling slightly.
- Pour the melted chocolate into the Medjoul date mix and mix everything a few more times using a food processor until it is thoroughly mixed. Finally, add the nuts to the other ingredients.
- Take a piece the size of a walnut and roll it into a ball. Repeat this with the rest of the mix.
- Allow the balls to set in the fridge or, if you do not want them to disappear too quickly, in the freezer.